In my last post I opened up the questions about a disruptive force out there to induce change and what potential options may exist.
This party could be funded through crowdfunding, with a policy statement drafted to kick it off.
An example of a political direction could be:
Intra Government Reforms
- Have the people of Australia determine where spending should go using a model similar to Luke Hohmann’s work in San Jose
- Significantly reduce the management layer in the government, ensuring that servant leaders were in leadership positions
- Normalise and make all salaries transparent, using a model similar to Buffer
- Remove all bonus systems, focus on intrinsic motivation through opting in to programs and self organised teams
- Departments to be headed up by Agile+Lean thinkers to change the culture significantly
- Reform tax to influence spend on sustainable environment strategies. I know of an organisation in Australia that has 15000 employees and their spend on being sustainable is 0.5 FTE. It is abhorrent and needs fixing.
- Reform tax to dampen usage of offshoring.
- Dedicate funding to a Lean Startup incubator. Capital investment is almost impossible to get in Australia. I want to encourage new small business, but I am also conscious that the success rate of Lean Startups is only 3%.
Break the model of extrinsically motivated learning and the command and control pattern of teaching through:
- Roll Agile and Lean thinking out to the teachers and headmasters of the schools
- Support the growth of empowered learning where students can choose how they learn. There are many examples of schools successfully using a working model of this throughout the world
- We need to listen to the world experts on how we can turn around global warming and start taking action right now. They have the answers and a hypothesis of what needs to be done. We need to begin work on the dramatic changes needed, though I suspect some of the corporate reforms would make a headway into it.
- Support the front lines of hospitals. They do not have enough staff and financial support to exist in a sustainable manner.
What policies would you have in a Lean Agile Party that focuses on a new Australia?